Arsène Wenger in a press conference said that he would not, on its own initiative say goodbye to Arsenal. The French coach had understood that he was the 22-year long co-operation rather a different way saw end. However, he said earlier that he will own initiative other places to look up to. Wenger will still remain active in football.
A for are do emotional Arsène Wenger at the press conference in the run-up to the Europa League clash with Atlético Madrid on Thursday. “It wasn’t my decision to come to my room to announce,” said the Frenchman. This he goes against his earlier statements in which he clearly had understood that he – despite a contract until 2019 – is itself a step aside. The disappointing results this season, and the fourteen years without a national championship to prove the final straw for the clubbestuur.
Wenger did not want to reveal a lot about his future. “My focus is preliminary on the next game. Further, I would like for the time being not to look. At this moment I am not ready yet for another to take up the challenge. Or I take a break please? I don’t know yet. I certainly want to continue working in football.”
The 68-year-old Frenchman was since his appointment in 1996, three-time champion with Arsenal (1998, 2002 and 2004). He also won seven times in the FA Cup (1998, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2014, 2015 and 2017) and six times the English Supercup (1999, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2016 and 2017).
READ ALSO: Chasing Wenger wants Arsenal last price deliver