With the resounding 5-2 victory at AS Roma left Liverpool Tuesday night many soccer enjoy. It was a long time ago that a team has five goals and managed to make it into the semi-finals of the Champions League.
Liverpool in ecstasy
The last team that did it was Ajax in 1995. On 19 april of that year earlier, the team of coach Louis van Gaal with the same-sounding figures (5-2) with Bayern Munich. In the subsequent final, won the Ajax by a goal of Patrick Kluivert AC Milan (1-0).
– Liverpool smells finals, but frustrated by final
– Wijnaldum: ‘Magic, forget this, we never
– Van Dijk: ‘Frustrating feeling predominates’
– Klopp impressed: ‘Fantastic result’
– Statistics – Liverpool scores, Roma hopes yet
Roma hope: ‘We fight and do not give in’
Liverpool next week will still a hot evening in Rome should survive to the final battle to reach. The team of coach Jürgen Klopp experienced a long time, a carefree evening at Anfield, but two late Roman hits made for a less flourishing position.
Ajax beat Bayern in 1995 with 5-2