The American justice system will say that no criminal prosecution be set in the file surrounding the death of the American rock star Prince at the age of 57 on april 21, 2016.
Prince was the victim of an overdose of fentanyl that he by mistake had taken. A doctor had given him a week before that a different, less potent, painkiller.
The research could not clearance how the singer/guitarist to the (wrong) product was touched.
The concerned doctor will thus not be prosecuted, but has, according to channel ABC accepted a settlement of $ 30,000 to pay for it. He had, after all, the prescription for Prince on behalf of someone else.