Lewis Hamilton has during the first training session for the GP of China, the fastest time ridden. The belgian Stoffel Vandoorne got no further than a disappointing eighteenth time.
Over the past few years-performing Mercedes ever especially strong in China and that also seems to be this year again the case. Lewis Hamilton showed during the first training session for the GP of China, after all, the fastest time. On the Shanghai International circuit was the Brit with a time of 1:33.999 three and a half tenth faster than Kimi were times in the Ferrari.
For Mercedes get a first mental boost after the first two races of the season but, somewhat surprisingly, both lost. In China want to absolutely fight back, and therefore takes everything literally out of the closet. As an example, different wings on the Mercedes W09 tested.
For the belgian Stoffel Vandoorne was the first session to be less positive. In the last half hour of the session ended up Vandoorne with McLaren in the gravel, fortunately for Vandoorne, he arrived there in one piece.
Eventually had to Vandoorne at the end of the session, satisfied with a rather disappointing time of 1:36.756. Thus it was our fellow countryman, good for eighteenth place and seven-tenths slower than team-mate Fernando Alonso that the twelfth was.
1. L. Hamilton Mercedes 01:33.999 22
2. K. Räikkönen Ferrari 01:34.358 14
3. V. Bottas Mercedes 01:34.457 28
4. D. Ricciardo Red Bull 01:34.537 22
5. M. Verstappen Red Bull 01:34.668 22
6. S. Vettel Ferrari 01:34.861 18
7. K. Magnussen Haas 01:35.178 21
8. C. Sainz Jr. Renault 01:35.616 23
9. R. Grosjean Haas 01:35.718 21
10. N. Hulkenberg Renault 01:35.800 18
11. P. Gasly Toro Rosso 01:36.037 21
12. F. Alonso McLaren 01:36.044 29
13. S. Pérez Force India 01:36.051 28
14. E. Ocon Force India 01:36.351 32
15. S. Sirotkin Williams 01:36.691 31
16. B. Hartley Toro Rosso 01:36.715 23
17. C. Leclerc Sauber 01:36.723 23
18. S. Vandoorne McLaren 01:36.756 25
19. M. Ericsson Sauber 01:36.909 21
20. L. Stroll Down Williams 01:37.277 28
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- Honda: “We want to win and the number 1 in Formula 1 are”;
- PREVIEW: you need to know about the GP of China
- “This is not the start that the Mercedes F1 team had hoped for”
- Why performs Swedish F1 pilot suddenly better than ever before?
- Porsche LMP1 car will get powdery lap record of Lewis Hamilton in Spa-Francorchamps