Cycling Sports

Surprising number 2 of the Round extends contract at Pull-Segafredo until 2020

Mads Pedersen has his contract with Trek-Segafredo be extended until 2020. That has the WorldTour formation published. The 22-year-old Dane was Sunday, still second in the Tour of Flanders, behind the Dutchman Niki Terpstra.

Pedersen rides since 2017 for Pull-Segafredo. In his first year with the team he won the Tour of Denmark and the Tour of Poitou-Charentes. Also crowned himself in 2017 to Danish champion. This year triumphed Pedersen in the second stage of the Herald Sun Tour, he was second in the Tour of Flanders and fifth in Dwars door Vlaanderen.

load…..
“I feel really at home in this team,” says Pedersen in a press release. “The confidence that I have received, I was able to grow tremendously. I am sure that I at Pull-Segafredo is the best am off to get me to continue to develop and to gain experience, especially in the classics. Of course I am very proud of my results over the past week. But I’m still young and I still have extra experience required. I hope so more. Now I focus on Paris-Roubaix, my favorite course. Maybe I can get that within a few years of winning.”

“When we Mads last year attracted, we knew of course that he very much has potential. He proved it in his first season with us with five victories,” said manager Luca Guercilena. “His performance in the last week, and certainly his incredible second place in the Tour of Flanders, exceeded our expectations. We were hoping to achieve this within a few years. That he is now already can a 22-year-old predicts a beautiful future, a future that we would like him to share!”

Leave a Comment