The secretary-general of the United Nations, Antonio Guterres, is ‘deeply concerned’ about the situation in the Gaza strip. That’s what he says in a statement after Israeli soldiers Friday, several Palestinians were killed and hundreds wounded during the ‘march of Return’.
Guterres calls for an independent and transparent investigation into the deaths. The UN boss asks all parties in addition to ‘refrain from any act that further victims may lead and, more specifically, any measure that citizens might be in danger”.
Deputy-secretary-general for Political Affairs of the UN, Taye-Brook Zerihoun, said in his briefing to the Security council to fear that the situation in the Gaza strip, ” the next few days could worsen’.
In a balance sheet of the ministry of Health of the Gaza strip was there Friday night had been 15 killed Palestinians and more than 1,400 wounded. According to the Palestinian ambassador to the UN, Riyad Mansour, is the number of deaths has already risen to 17, including children.