Singer Coely and actress Viviane De Muynck on Tuesday in the awards at the presentation of the Ultimas, the Flemish culture prizes.
The Ultimas on Tuesday handed out in the Antwerp arenberg theatre by the minister of Culture Sven Gatz (Open VLD). “This celebration is a look back on the many efforts and achievements of the cultural sector over the past year,” says Gatz. In total, twelve different disciplines awards.
Last year shot the Belgian fashion designer Raf Simons the hoofdvogel. He is followed by actress Viviane De Muynck. They will receive this year’s main prize, the ” Prize for general cultural merit’. Also, the Ghent film-maker and artist Johan Grimonprez was in the prices. The creator of the poetic documentary Dial H-I-S-T-O-R-Y got the Ultima for Film.
In the category of Visual arts went the honour to Philippe van Snick. Yesterday it became known that the 71-year-old artist art for the new VRT-building. The 24-year-old Coely was, again, with the flowers swaying in the Music category. The singer won earlier this year, two MIA’s.
The Flemish minister of Culture, put all since 2003, on the proposal of a jury of experts, each year artists, artists, organisations or groups in the flowers with the Flemish culture prizes – since last year renamed the Ultimas.
The twelve laureates:
- General Cultural Merit: Viviane De Muynck
- Music: Coely
- Local Cultural Policy: Raised Tens
- Film: Johan Grimonprez
- Visual art: Philippe van Snick
- Performing Arts: The Moussem Nomadic Arts Centre
- Amateur Arts: Ghent Bougement
- Design: Gijs Van Vaerenbergh
- Cultural Entrepreneurship: Paul Schyvens
- Socio-Cultural Volwassenwerk: Femma
- Literature: Miriam Van Hee
- Movable Heritage: Museum Plantin-Moretus