David Goffin will be playing in the second round of the Australian Open, not feel in the ATP ranking. Monday remains the Also number 7 in the world.
Goffin took last year to the semis down under, but went there this time and quickly made against the Frenchman Julien Benneteau. That cost him 315 points, which are total to 3.460 points. But because of his first pursuers, Stan Wawrinka (ATP 8), Jack Sock (ATP 9) and Juan Martin del Potro (ATP 10), the second week didn’t make it, reserves Goffin in his spot.
Rafael Nadal, who had to give up in the quarterfinals against Marin Cilic, remains number 1 for Roger Federer. The Swiss defending champion state Sunday in the final against Cilic, who from six to three will humping.
– top 10 on January 29 –
1. Rafael Nadal (Spa) 9760 points
2. Roger Federer (Sui) 8805 (9605 if he title extends)
3. Marin Cilic (Kro) 4960 (5760 if he final wins)
4. Grigor Dimitrov (Bul) 4630
5. Alexander Zverev (Ger) 4610
6. Dominic Thiem (Austria) 4060
++ 7. David Goffin (BEL) 3460
8. Jack Sock (Usa) 2880
9. Juan Martin Del Potro (Arg) 2815
10. Pablo Carreno Busta (Spa) 2705