Autosportlegende Than Gurney Sunday at the age of 86 died of the consequences of a pneumonia.
Gurney won races in F1, IndyCar, Nascar, Can-Am, Trans-Am and the 24 hours of Le Mans. That last race he wrote in 1967 in his name.
In the F1 drove Gurney for Ferrari, BRM, Porsche, Brabham, McLaren and Eagle. At Eagle built by Gurney himself in the sf and he was the first American in an American car in Europe an F1 race and managed to win.
The Company also prints now still left his mark on the sport. In the Indycar, he, after all, aerodynamic flaps on his car then the name ‘Gurneys’ are present. Today, they are still in a lot of autosportklassen used.
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- “F1-sene threatens in 2018, is decided to be by gridstraffen”
- “We are a Alfa Romeo A-team and not a B-team of Ferrari”
- “F1 cars in 2018 to 1.5 seconds faster”
- “A bandenoorlog is not good for Formula 1”
- “In 2018, will the F1 in the picture like never before”