The belgian Stoffel Vandoorne holds mixed feelings about the qualification for the GP of Abu Dhabi. Vandoorne qualified as a thirteenth for the race but during the training session in the morning, it looked a lot better.
“I love mixed feelings about today,” begins Vandoorne are looking back at the qualification. “The last training session was pretty good this morning and saw that we are fairly strong. We were the fourth fastest team this morning. But as we often see during the qualification during the qualification does not have a ‘magic’ button as the other teams have to have some extra horsepower to get. We then lose some ground.”
Vandoorne had, despite the strong performance during the training session, nevertheless on a difficult qualification expected.
“We had expected that it’s a little hard but it was very close and I think the potential was there to in Q3 to get,” said Vandoorne. “I experimented with the adjustment and tried something aggressive to what faster. That worked maybe not really, and it was not faster after Q1. That being said, I am quite happy and hopefully we have tomorrow a good race.”
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- Vettel: “Ferrari will be very strong during the race”
- Hamilton rests in second place: “What an unbelievable round of Valtteri!”
- Bottas after conquering polepositie: “The victory is the objective”
- F1-pilot shows middle finger to fellow
- Former F1 team boss: “They try to Max Verstappen to crack”