Xavier Siméon (Ducati) on Wednesday in Valencia during the second free training session in MotoGP for more than a second faster driven than in the first training session. The next season runs Siméon, who in september for the Spanish Avintia Racing signed, a whole year in the king’s class of motorsport.
Xavier Siméon klokte as 21st with a time of 1:32.698 for 59 rounds. That is more than a second better than Tuesday, when he 1:34.242 needed for the same number of rounds. From Brussels makes his debut next season in MotoGP, after seven seasons in the Moto2 reed.
Siméon continued, on Sunday, the competition in the GP of Valencia, after he two weeks ago a duimbreuk suffered during a fall in the GP of Australia. By that injury could the pilot in the last race not to go to the extreme.
Xavier Siméon, who the Spanish stole Reale Avintia Racing was attracted, will be next season on a Ducati to be seen with the number 10.
Six-time world champion (four times in the MotoGP), Marc Marquez (Honda) from Spain explained Wednesday the best time down: 60 rounds in 1:30.033. His compatriot Maverick Vinales (Yamaha) was second (61 laps in 1:30.640), followed by Frenchman Johann Zarco (Yamaha) 53 laps (1:30.439).
Siméon is not the only debutant in the MotoGP. Also the Italian Franco Morbidelli (world champion in Moto2) and the Japanese Takaaki Nagakami made the switch from Moto2 to MotoGP.
. Standings at the end of the second oefendag:
1. Marc Marquez (Spa/Honda) 1:30.033 (60 rounds)
2. Maverick Vinales (Spa/Yamaha) 1:30.640 (61)
3. Johann Zarco (Fra/Yamaha) 1:30.439 (53)
4. Dani Pedrosa (Spa/Honda) 1:30.436 (43)
5. Valentino Rossi (Ita/Yamaha) 1:30.724 (51)
6. Jorge Lorenzo (Spa/Ducati) 1:30.534 (14)
7. Jack Miller (Aus/Ducati) 1:30.860 (34)
8. Cal Crutchlow (GBr/Honda) 1:30.654 (45)
9. Aleix Espargero (Spa/Aprilia) 1:30.889 (16)
10. Andrea Dovizioso (Ita/Ducati) 1:31.758 (4)
17. Franco Morbidelli (Ita/Honda) 1:31.786 (48)
18. Takaaki Nakagami (Jap/Honda) 1:31.867 (62)
21. Xavier Siméon (BELL/Ducati) 1:32.698 (59)
(22 pilots participated in, one pilot showed no times recorded)