The Toro Rosso F1 team has today, Pierre Gasly and Brendon Hartley confirmed as rijdersduo for the season 2018.
After Carlos Sainz made the switch to Renault, and Daniil Kvyat on the side was slid because of disappointing performance, were Gasly and Hartley since the GP of Mexico the rijdersduo at Toro Rosso.
At Toro Rosso, they are obviously very happy about the Frenchman and the New Zealander and that Gasly and Hartley now rewarded with a racezitje at Toro Rosso in 2018. Both could they, inter alia, due to technical problems with the Renault engine, still no points gained for Toro Rosso. Next season will be Toro Rosso, however, racing with the power of Honda.
“We are very pleased that we are Pierre and Brendon so early could confirm if our riders for 2018,” said Franz Tost, the team boss of Toro Rosso. “During the last part of the season they have shown that they are ready for the Formula 1. They have very quickly adapted to the car and showed strong performance. They were always ready for the challenge ahead of them, stood. We are really impressed with their steep learning curves. As we know, not all riders are as fast to adjust! Therefore, we look forward to a full season with them.”
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- Alonso against competition: “in the Beginning you only have to worry about the Honda engine”
- After incidents in Brazil: F1 is going to take extra security measures
- Former Ferrari boss warns: “Ferrari is not quite there yet”
- Vandoorne: “Alonso is my mentor!”
- VIDEO: Nico Rosberg take the ‘virtual’ in an F1 car