This weekend is the Rally of Australia on the calendar, the thirteenth and last round of the world rally championship. The Frenchman Sébastien Ogier (Ford Fiesta) is already sure of the title, but the battle for second place is still open. Our fellow countryman Thierry Neuville (Hyundai) must be there to compete with the Est Ott Tänak (M-Sport/Ford).
“My goal is clear”, says Neuville ahead, “I want that second place securing. I know with my team that I can. With a little luck we can achieve what we want.”
Neuville has in the state a lead of fourteen points on Tänak. With a total of thirty points, is our fellow countryman, so good for second place.
Neuville ended last season all on the second place behind Ogier. Also in 2013 was the pilot from Sankt Vith only the Frenchman for himself.
1. Sébastien Ogier (Fra/Ford Fiesta) 215 pts *CHAMPION*
2. Thierry Neuville (Bel/Hyundai i20) 183
3. Ott Tänak (Est/Ford Fiesta) 169
4. Jari-Matti Latvala (Fin/Toyota Yaris) 136
5. Elfyn Evans (GBr/Ford Fiesta) 118
6. Dani Sordo (spa/Hyundai i20) 95
7. Juho Hänninen (Fin/Toyota Yaris) 71
8. Kris Meeke (GBr/Citroen C3) 70
9. Craig Breen (Ipr/Citroën C3) 64
10. Hayden Paddon (Ur/Hyundai i20) 59
11. Andreas Mikkelsen (Nor/Hyundai i20) 52
1. M-Sport (Ford) 398 pts *CHAMPION*
2. Hyundai Motorsport 305
3. Toyota Gazoo Racing 241
4. Citroën Racing 210