What can I say, for the first time in many, many years I was genuinely excited to watch the Oscars.
My thoughts on the evening presented in bullet points:
- When will the George Clooney love fest be over?
- John Stewart stumbled out of the gates but recovered with a few funny jokes in his opening dialog (could have done without the drab of political talk)
- Amy Adams Looked Stunning
- Marketa Irglova looked great
- I am glad that worthless Michael Moore movie didn’t win for Best Documentary.
- When they came back from commercial break and let Marketa come back out to give her speech(after cutting her off when she won), will go down as one of the best moments in Oscar History
- Katherine Heigl looked like she was 50
- The “Oscar salute to Binoculars and Periscopes” gave me a good laugh
- Why was Miley Cirus there?
- Daniel Day Lewis wins for Best Actor. Well deserved.
- Finally the Coen Brothers are rewarded for another great film
- Ethan Coen’s Speach’s were priceless. “Thank You” and his second ” I don’t have a lot to add to what I said earlier. Thank you”
- 11:47 p.m. according to my clock, still to long, but overall a good show.
Show Rating: 8/10 (mostly a fun night, I found myself actually locked into most of the program. I could have done with a little less George Clooney, and a little bit shorter)
Awards given to most deserving Rating: 9/10 (not much to complain about here, but I wish Amy Ryan would have won instead of Tilda Swinton)
A list of the winners – Link